STEPS is a K Plan service made available by the Oregon Home care Commission and offered to all individuals receiving in-home services. STEPS provides information and assistance to support participant direction of services. The program was designed with significant input from stakeholders, including consumers of in-home services, homecare workers and DHS/APD Service Delivery System Staff.
- Information- fact sheets and discussions about topics such as rights and responsibilities, and what it means to be the employer
- Tools- Checklists and customizable forms, as well as assistance with editing and using the forms to help consumers
- Support- Activities to help consumer/employers evaluate their hiring and management decisions; modeling and coaching skills such as interviewing and communicating with homecare workers.
Major topic areas include:
- The Big Picture/ Getting Started- General Information about receiving in-home services, hiring checklist.
- Finding and Hiring- Locating, interviewing and selecting homecare workers, developing job descriptions and employment agreements based on the Task List.
- Special Circumstances- Employing friends or family members; live-in plans and tracking hours and any authorized mileage; recognizing, discussing and attempting to correct performance deficiencies; dismissal.
- Safety and Being Prepared- Back-up and emergency planning, home safety.
STEPS services are provided in consumers’ homes or other location of their choice and may be offered in small groups. On request, consumer/employers or representatives may receive materials electronically or by mail, with follow-up by phone or in person.
For more information please contact:
Phone: (541) 672-6336